The Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers was established in 1960. Agricultural Engineering, involves application of engineering to production, processing, preservation and handling of food, feed and fiber. It also
includes the transfer of engineering technology for the development and welfare of rural areas and masses. The major fields of Agricultural Engineering are:
- Farm Power and Machinery.
- Soil and water Conservation and Management Engineering (including watershed management, command area development, conservation, irrigation and field drainage).
- Irrigation (including surface and ground water development).
- Agricultural Process Engineering
- Farm Storage Engineering.
- Farm Buildings and Structures.
- Rnewable Eenergy Engineering (solar energy, bio energy, wind energy, hydro energy etc.)
- Farm use of Electricity.
- Rural water su ..Read More