Job of an Editorial Assistant / copy editors involves performing tasks such as reviewing and proof reading of manuscripts to identify punctuation and grammatical errors to maintain English language accuracy, planning and managing the Journal publication schedule. Must demonstrate capabilities of consistency and quality throughout the editing process and meet specified deadlines by delivering high-quality content.
• Working alongside the editor to plan, implement, and manage the publication schedule.
• Proofreading manuscripts to identify any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors,t and identify inconsistencies and make corrections with the consensus of the editors.
• Checking the references cited and listed in the manuscript for its accuracy/correctness, reference writing style as per Journal guidelines, Journal abbreviations etc.
• Reviewing layouts and designs for publication covers, table of contents.
• Collaborating with the editorial team to ensure a smooth publication schedule.
• Ensuring accepted manuscript files comply with publishing requirements and communicating with authors for any missing material where necessary
• Ensuring that database records are updated and that manuscript submissions are uploaded correctly into the online submissions system
• Providing general administrative assistance to the manuscript editors
Essential Qualifications: (i) Master’s degree in English, Engineering/life sciences with excellent command of the English language; (ii) Possess a minimum 1-2 year of experience in in scientific publishing group or copy editing, proofreading, technical editing / Style Editing, language editing for journals or books and worked with any reputed publishers.
Desirable Qualifications: In-depth knowledge of the publication process and best practices, Proficient in desktop publishing software, Microsoft Office and Excell etc., Have the ability to understand the editorial workflow and copy edit the content in line with the Journal guideline. Exceptional English communication/writing skills with a passion for reading and writing.
Salary: 20k-25k (negotiable as per the experience).
Interested candidates can forward their CV to ISAE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of application: 21 January 2024